The Most Metal Moment Ever?

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

The Most Metal Moment Ever?

Post by Flack »

My vote is for the end of Slayer's 2004 tour, in which they played Raining Blood while (fake, duh) blood rained down on them. Raining Blood is a genre defining song and a technical nightmare, and the fact that Slayer could still play it live, especially while covered in fake blood, is pretty amazing.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: The Most Metal Moment Ever?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I thought - previously - that the most metal moment was when the guitarist from Ratt burst through the ceiling in the video below and disrupted everyone's dinner as rats were served:

But I have to admit that what you have posted is a cut above, Flack.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Two of the top 10 most metal moments ever recorded appear in Nitro's Freight Train video. Even though the video quality is "bad VHS" the audio is great on this clip and worth watching. The two metal moments appear at 2:15 and 3:05. The lead singer of Nitro (Jim Gillette) went on to marry (and divorce) Lita Ford.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Also, I probably asked this before and forgot. Are all of Ratt's songs "complicated" for lack of a better word? I could probably answer this myself by dedicating an hour to listening to Ratt songs on Youtube, but that isn't the ICJ you have, this is the one you got. I feel there is a little more going on in that hair metal song than most hair metal songs give you.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:15 am Also, I probably asked this before and forgot. Are all of Ratt's songs "complicated" for lack of a better word? I could probably answer this myself by dedicating an hour to listening to Ratt songs on Youtube, but that isn't the ICJ you have, this is the one you got. I feel there is a little more going on in that hair metal song than most hair metal songs give you.
Ratt actually had a lot of talent and a lot of good songs! Most people only know them for "Round and Round". I still listen to the whole album that song is on pretty often. Many of their songs do sound alike, but I think it's cool they developed their own formula and generally just stuck to it.

The lyrics can get pretty ridiculous. "Give me the knife, I always cross the line!" seems about as realistic as Vanilla Ice carrying a gun while driving past girls outdoors "wearing less than bikinis". But that's part of the fun.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

And they are the only 80s hair band to be in a Geico commercial!

THE
WINNER!
AARDVARK

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:03 pm And they are the only 80s hair band to be in a Geico commercial!

THE
WINNER!
AARDVARK
lol yeah they are either good actors or they seemed to be really enjoying themselves getting paid to make that.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

OK, Flack. I don't want this to seem like some sort of competition or whatever, because that Slayer performance is rather hard to beat. I've always like Slayer. Dead Skin Mask and other songs off the same album were how I got into Slayer in the early 90s. It was short-lived however.. by my need to see either GWAR or Ministry at that age. I finally saw GWAR at Ziggy's in Winston-damn-Salem in 1993.. and this was basically what I saw as they opened with "The Salaminizer". I had their first couple of albums but not that one yet ironically.

And this was after a wonderful show by the Meatmen that year.

It then became a "ritual" much like I had a Slayer fan tell me in a train station in Chicago I had missed out just wearing a Slayer t-shirt. Saw GWAR like 20 times afterwards. The day I first saw them was the most metal moment in my life.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻