Danzig / Misfits

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Danzig / Misfits

Post by Jizaboz »

Kind of surprised the JC search turns up nothing!

To begin, here is my favorite Danzig "b-side":

Do you dudes crank the radio up when "Mother" happens to come on the radio or turn it OFF?

This is one of the best Misfits songs IMO:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Danzig / Misfits

Post by Casual Observer »

My favorite still, just can't help it. Glenn is a fucking beast. I'd vote for him for president and I don't even know where his politics stand, It can't be worse than fucking Dump. (also not sure what the sacraficed chicken blood had to do in the original video).

Now that I'm thinner, I need to do some bench presses apparently. Upper pec mostly, I find lower pec repetitions make pecs look like tits and I don't want gynomastia.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:40 am Kind of surprised the JC search turns up nothing!

To begin, here is my favorite Danzig "b-side":

Do you dudes crank the radio up when "Mother" happens to come on the radio or turn it OFF?

This is one of the best Misfits songs IMO:

Yeah, not a fan of that one. I crank Mother whenever I choose it on YouTube. In fact I just played it 3 times because you brought this up.

Casual Observer

Frankly this is the kind of shit I prefer these days;

Flack

Post by Flack »

Love me some Danzig, love me some Misfits, but yeah... you don't have to look very hard on YouTube to find videos about how much of a tool Glenn Danzig is in real life. If it's still up, there used to be a video about Danzig's Evil Bricks (a pile of bricks he left in his front yard for a long time until neighbors began complaining). There's one story in particular where Danzig refused to go on stage during a music festival because he said he wasn't feeling well, then because the stage was too small, then because there weren't wind screens... and eventually when he did go on, he intentionally went on late (knowing there was a noise curfew) and then tried to get people to riot and blamed it on the promoters. His movies are shit as well. I watched "Verotika" and it gave terrible movies a bad name (IMDB has it at 1.9/10). I haven't seen his second movie yet ("Death Rider in the House of Vampires").

Danzig's last two albums were garbage. Both were recorded and produced in his home studio and it's obvious (1) his voice is blown out, and (2) he refuses to pay for a producer. That said, all the Misfits stuff and most of the early Danzig stuff (at least through 4p) are pretty great, even if the guy is a bit of a doof.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Yeah Danzig IV is the last album of his I think was still the real thing.

I only brought up Sistinas because it's a b side and I do dig the Elvis on crack vocals and the Goodbye Horses vibe.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Good thing Danzig isn't more popular, otherwise he'd end up as a meme.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:43 pm Yeah Danzig IV is the last album of his I think was still the real thing.

I only brought up Sistinas because it's a b side and I do dig the Elvis on crack vocals and the Goodbye Horses vibe.
If you like Danzig's Elvis vibe you should check out his latest album, Danzig Sings Elvis.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Haha wow! Why does this not surprise me that it’s a thing? Thanks man. I don’t care for this song but I plan on cruising the rest of the album soon.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

nessman

Post by nessman »

He's like this little short asshole. I've seen them a few times, last time was with Doyle from the Misfits - but he had a strict no camera / cell phone policy at the shit. Grrr... Saw the Misfits a few years back with just Jerry Only - good show. Seen Doyle on his own a few times... OK.
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt