NFL related, kind of

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

NFL related, kind of

Post by AArdvark »

So my number 1 nephew, not the rocket scientist or the hockey player, is a hunting guide in Montana and Kansas. In the off season one of his millionaire clients hired him to help run his exclusive resort, as a boat captain mostly. My nephew drives the water ski boat for the guests. He also doubles as a bartender in the evenings. The other day I guess he was serving beers to some Walter Payton guy. I think he's a football player..I guess he tips generously.

pinback

Re: NFL related, kind of

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:16 amsome Walter Payton guy.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

"The Athletic," a website I subscribe to, is counting down the top 100 NFL players of all-time, or as I like to call these lists, the "Drew Brees Disrespect Columns." The stupid list that Bill Belichick had a couple years ago didn't include Drew Brees at all and Brees's ranking on the one for the Athletic is #43, which is hilariously low. O.J. Simpson is #41. I don't know how the guy who is #1 all-time in completions and yards and #2 in touchdowns thrown is behind O.J., but let's let that go for a moment. I wanted to paste a comment that some other subscriber, some dumb shit named "Zack M." wrote:
[...]but he was always at his best when he had a stable of good running backs and elite pass catchers. That's what it took for him to be above average. He never had a season where he really elevated everyone around him and made chicken salad from chicken sh**.
Aside from the fact that Brees won a Super Bowl (so he was "at his best"?) in 2009 and his wide receivers and running backs - Marques Colson, Lance Moore, Robert Meachem, Devery Henderson, Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas - never made a single Pro Bowl, this guy makes up the concept of "elevating" a team, which is stupid baby nonsense he made out of his head.

And he says Drew Brees never "elevated" a team.

In 2006, Drew Brees took over a New Orleans Saints team that had been ravaged by Hurricane Katrina the year before. They only played one home game in 2005, their stadium was destroyed, the owner was trying to move the team to San Antonio and nobody knew if there would even be a New Orleans city when the 2006 season started. Brees joined the team and took them to the NFC Championship Game, a game they had never been to before.

I would submit to all of you that it was the greatest example of "elevating" a franchise in the history of sports, but what do I know, I'm not some miserable covid-riddled shitbitch posting on The Athletic, I only post my replies here.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Damn, I must be catching racism. I watched an NFL game today on CBS and had to sit through the commercials with the sound on. All I noticed was the African American themed market focus for the majority of them.
I dont want to be that guy. The old white get-off-my-lawn conservative asshat. Look, I'm milling baller rimz for a Chevvy Caprise, that has to give me some street cred, you feelin' me?

Can I be less racist without cultural appropriation?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Personally, if the a majority of the ads aren't annoying I don't give a shit. If they all suck and they all contain one certain racial background I am going to start to say they suck even more because it's then it's REALLY as if no one even tried in the advertising department.

The Panthers suck this year (one of the first years I knew a team would before the season even started) and the only form I have caught bits and pieces of their games on this year have been over the radio. It has been a nice experience filled with more doing things other than staring at people playing American football.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

It is now officially impossible to care about the NFL.

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I thought Atlanta had negative five points and I spent five minutes Googling how this was possible. Then Buffalo got possession and Atlanta wasn't negative anymore.

I don't watch football....

Ice Cream Jonsey

They make several new "scorebugs" each year and many of them look designed by someone actively concussed.

Let's see how the NFL has been doing. They changed the COVID rules right after the Saints got fucked by them.

They had a situation where a "taunting" call was made on a guy that literally and honestly wasn't doing anything. The worthless ref said the guy had malice in his eyes. That did slow down the rate taunting was being flagged, to where Tom Brady told the Saints sideline to go fuck themselves and it wasn't flagged. Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't be, it's just stupid to have a dumb rule and then stop calling it 75% of the way through the season.

Roger Goodell ruined the unruinable.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I teally dislike the overt left stuff Ive been seeing. That's mostly the commercials though and has little to do with the NFL.

Ice Cream Jonsey

1:39 left in the half between Carolina and New Orleans and then we get to see a wealthy 73 year old man who can also act in movies whenever he wants, but who CANNOT READ read highlights off a teleprompter badly!! Yaaaaay!

Flack

Post by Flack »

On the way to our cruise ship a couple of weeks ago we drove past the Superdome. I got really excited because the Saints are ICJ's favorite football team and so I took this picture. When I saw the picture I thought it might be the worst picture of the Superdome ever taken, but I forgot about the time NOLA flooded and there were hundreds of homeless people camping around it, so this picture is better than those, but only barely. I guess what I'm saying is if you're ever planning to get a big back tattoo of the Superdome, this isn't the picture I would use. I wish I were the guy who bought everyone souvenirs on vacation but instead I got you this crappy picture, which isn't as good as a crappy t-shirt.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Hahahahaha.

When I tell you guys that the NFL is fixed, this is the shit I'm talking about. TO THE CREDIT IF VRIAN FLORES, he tried as hard as possible to win, and infact people were shocked that Miami won so much that year.

Oh and the Dolphins fired Flores a couple weeks ago.

At this point it's the WWE. The only thing that can save the league is a new commissioner.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

And fix that overtime coin toss thingie rule too!

Ice Cream Jonsey

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/02/ ... y-to-lose/

"Brian Flores Reveals That Other Coaches Have Been In Contact To Say They Were Offered Money To Lose"

Brian Flores interviewed with the Saints after the initial story broke. God, I hope he becomes the Saints' new coach.

ALSO - what kind of scum sucking commish just HERPS DERPS around collecting his millions while multiple owners are offering cash bonuses to lose? Either fire him for being incompetent and being an absolute doormat for the owners or fire him because he was too stupid to know.

I can't imagine ever spending another nickel for an actual NFl game when multiple teams want to lose so badly they are offering their coaches money for it. What happened to this sport (just kidding, I know what happened).

Fire Goodell

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

So is Tom Brady really an attention whore or is it just me?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ed Marinaro took over two minutes to announce the Vikings' pick tonight.

A gal came up to tell him to read the card when the two minute mark hit.

Remember, the NFL will gladly take two minutes before a pick (like they did on Friday before the Saints' first selection) to have the world's most awkward live-commercial for their partnership with Amazon (The NFL and Amazon together at last, I only wish they could have somehow involved Pol Pot) but a guy that worked his ass off 50 years ago to make the NFL what it was? Rush the stage!