Ticketmaster warning!!

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ticketmaster warning!!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

So I accidentally buy four tickets to see the Colorado Rockies on Sunday. I meant to buy them for Saturday! Ticketmaster has a monopoly, mind you. Surely getting it exchanged to Saturday's game is...........

Well, it's not possible.

In fact, they want you to email them so you can get told to exchange your money for "credit" and then use it to buy tickets for the game you want to go to, because they are a garbage monopoly filled with terrible people.

I go and email them and ask for a refund 3 times. Initially, since the Sunday event was not "three days away" they send me an email telling me to shut up; they are dealing with all their customers who want refunds for events that are closer.

Well, as of today the Sunday game is now 3 days away. I ask for a refund and state in the comments box of my request that I am documenting this in case I have to do a charge back.

(Keep in mind that I originally bought 8 tickets at 9 bucks a piece for Sunday. While waiting for my refund, I realize that the cheap Rockies tickets for Saturday are going to sell out. And they did! I had to get tickets for Saturday that were twice as expensiv, $18 a piece. I got cheap tickets because my brother-in-law and I are taking the kids to the game and who knows how long they will last. I am realistic about how interesting baseball is for kids. Luckily (?) 4 other adults who originally wanted to go ended up bailing, so the costs were pretty much the same for what I ultimately purchased.)

Anyway. Ticketmaster sends an automated reply to me today. They state that since the game is still on for Sunday, they are not giving refunds. So there is no way to get your money back through them if you put in the wrong day on the web form. Imagine if other businesses did this. The fucking balls of these shitboys. Ticketmaster has a way to SELL tickets you accidentally purchased (through their site, of course). I was going to try that and I swear I am not making this up: the "sell tickets" button is there for the Sunday tickets but disabled.

I deal with web shit for a living. I don't do it for free. My credit card company can deal with them. Charge disputed.

Ticketmaster is the worst. Since you can't not go through them, double check what days you're buying tickets for I guess!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Ticketmaster warning!!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Also, nobody (correctly) cares about the health of baseball, but imagine someone accidentally clicking on the wrong day and dealing with this shit as a fan and not someone that is just trying to get some little kids out of the house and have a fun experience. Way to kill your fuckin' sport. Why would I ever buy a ticket again if I was a normal person and not really into baseball?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Is it possible to travel to the box office and buy future tix from a person in a glass booth? That is the only way I've ever done it. Mind you, the Red Wings and Amerks aren't major league teams so maybe it's different when you move up to MLB venues.

I'm betting that Ticketmaster is having to deal with every scalper/scammer in the world so they stopped being amenable to returns and exchanges

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

AArdvark wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:13 am Is it possible to travel to the box office and buy future tix from a person in a glass booth? That is the only way I've ever done it. Mind you, the Red Wings and Amerks aren't major league teams so maybe it's different when you move up to MLB venues.

I'm betting that Ticketmaster is having to deal with every scalper/scammer in the world so they stopped being amenable to returns and exchanges
Last time I went to the Mariners it was walk up and buy a ticket, maybe 7 years ago. Then maybe 10% of people watched the game at any time. I feel MLB and probably NBA and I don't know about NFL have transitioned to entertainment venues instead of really being real sports.