Ghetto blasting

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

loafergirl

Ghetto blasting

Post by loafergirl »

I have on rare occasion been known to ghetto blast REM. And the other day at the gas station I'm there in the Mazda 5 with 2 of the kids and some a$$hole parks, and turns up his music WAY louder than needed to hear it while he starts gassing up. And of course it's dropping F bombs every other word. Now, don't get me wrong, I drop them from time to time, but I do try to conduct myself in an appropriate manner around the little'n's most of the time.
Do you think my rolling down the windows and blasting random radio station before and while pulling out of said gas station may have passed on the intended message of "You're a douche, perhaps we can keep our music mostly to ourselves"? Well, even if it didn't it made me feel a little bit better.
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I'm amazed at how good many stock stereos are these days. Both my wife's Honda Crosstour and my WRX STI came with a factory subwoofer. I spent a lot of time and money wiring up mismatched speakers from the flea market back in high school that didn't sound anywhere near as good as the stereos in these two cars.

I have a couple of ridiculous songs that I flip to when rolling into gas stations or work. "Chaka Khan (I Feel For You)" is one, "Stick 'Em" by the Fat Boys is another. Occasionally I'll get the nod or a thumbs up from someone but most of the time I just get puzzled looks or people rolling up their windows and locking their doors. I feel for them. I think I love them.

I think blasting music full of f-bombs is pretty classless, although any time it happens near me I figure it's just karma from all the times I used to drive around town blasting NWA.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

ICJ

Post by ICJ »

Since getting the motorcycle there is a new kind of person I despise:

When stuck in traffic, not moving, it takes a real asshole to have their passenger window open with no passenger and be blaring music.

Driver side? OK.
Passenger side open with passenger? Sure

But to be alone and have the windows down? With me trapped on the street? Dooooooooooo

Ouche.

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

Flack wrote:
I have a couple of ridiculous songs that I flip to when rolling into gas stations or work. "Chaka Khan (I Feel For You)" is one, "Stick 'Em" by the Fat Boys is another. Occasionally I'll get the nod or a thumbs up from someone but most of the time I just get puzzled looks or people rolling up their windows and locking their doors. I feel for them. I think I love them.
See, THAT I would probably appreciate and have a good laugh about, the post itself was enough for that.
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I started a playlist on my phone of gas station songs. They are all songs that most people would not want other people to hear them playing at loud volumes.

Ghostbusters and Axel F have been added to the list. I get some great stares from those.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."