Sports in a nutshell

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Sports in a nutshell

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

The Blue Jays won the World Series in 92 and 93 and baseball canceled the post-season in 94. The game was tweaked to allow teams that would spend big money to run roughshod over everyone else for the next 15 years. I haven't seen them play a playoff game since I was a sophomore in college.

The Saints won the Super Bowl in 2009 and the league tripped over itself to suspend their coach for a year while Brees was in his prime because the team may or may not have given themselves a few hundred bucks for tackling opposing players, not that the league could prove jack shit and not that the same thing didn't happen in every other locker room.

I'm not going to get into all the ways the Sabres have been screwed, since they were just my #2 team until a couple years ago, when I switched. But since I've followed them the NHL reduced the chances the worst team will get the #1 pick because they are horrified at the chance that Connor McDavid ends up in Buffalo.

The NCAA just handed down their punishment against Syracuse basketball. (Maybe football too, but Syracuse football is its own punishment.) For the horrible CRIMES of tutors doing the players' papers and shit that definitely doesn't go on at any other NCAA school, Boeheim got suspended for 9 conference games next year.

Meanwhile the New York Yankees have fielded virtually every single steroid abuser in baseball history and as "punishment" they didn't have to pay Alex Rodriguez $25 million last year, instead having that money off the books completely.

My father was a sports fan when he was younger. It tailed off. I used to think that my dad just didn't like sports as much as I did. He used to follow the New York Giants in baseball and the Buffalo Bills in football and the Buffalo Sabres in hockey. Then they moved (!!!) his fucking baseball team, his football team lost four Super Bowls, the first one because the refs lost control of the game and the last two against a Cowboys team where every single player except the kicker and Michael Irvin were on one form of drugs or another. And we won't get into the Sabres.

No, he liked sports just as much as I did, I just figured out why he stopped giving a shit because I think I have, too.

(But man would I like to see the Jays win 120 games this season and sweep every single round.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!