We saw Steel Panther this weekend.

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

We saw Steel Panther this weekend.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Steel Panther is apparently a parody of a heavy metal / glam rock band and I am probably the last person here to hear of them, but bear with me.

I believe they are genuinely talented musicians, genuinely funny people and they put on a great show. Part of their act is to also have banter regarding some of the most inappropriate topics in the western world.

Here's an example of one of their songs:

[youtube][/youtube]
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

How did it come to pass that you heard of, and subsequently went to a show of, this band?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

ICJ

Post by ICJ »

A friend of ours is a huge Steel Panther fan. He lives in Nebraska. He enjoys them so much that he drove to Denver to check 'em out, and Mel and I joined him.

I really am paranoid that they are extremely famous and I am the last person to hear about them. Had... are .... were ... you familiar with them, Pinbacl? DON'T HIT ME!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Never heard of 'em.

I don't see how you can be a "huge fan" of this band. I mean, it's fun and funny and clever, sure. But like... Well. Who am I to judge.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ballzout

Post by Ballzout »

Tomorrow Night is my favorite song by them, and they are great live, and predictably did not play that song when I saw them. This is a band that if Pinback had randomly seen them and nobody else had ever heard of them, he would have thought them hilarious, but now he never will, because foreknowledge.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Never heard of them.

Here's a black metal parody band you never heard about:

[youtube][/youtube]

Flack

Post by Flack »

The problem with death metal parodies is it's so hard to distinguish between them and real death metal.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote:The problem with death metal parodies is it's so hard to distinguish between them and real death metal.
Ha yeah the best black metal is usually the most unreal. If the lyrics aren't about vampires, demons, blacksmiths, lord of the rings, etc, it probably sucks.