[RECIPE] Ben's Famous Crawfish Etouffee

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

[RECIPE] Ben's Famous Crawfish Etouffee

Post by pinback »

But first an admission about "Ben's Famous". Almost all of Ben's Famous recipes started out as someone else's recipe. What makes most of them "Ben's Famous" is that I've scoured the world for the best versions of the recipe, and then made them and tweaked them to my exacting specifications. So, for instance, you'll notice that this, Ben's Famous Crawfish Etouffee, looks very much like this one. Because it is. However, even not having made that exact recipe I will still assert that my version is better.

That's why it's...

BEN'S FAMOUS CRAWFISH ETOUFFEE
========================
1 lb crawfish tails
1.5 sticks unsalted butter
1 white onion, finely diced
1 green bell pepper, finely diced
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1-1.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 tsp "Creole Seasoning" (recommend: Zatarains)
1/2 cup chopped green onions

- Melt butter over medium-high heat, add onion and bell pepper, saute for 5 minutes or until veggies have softened

- Add garlic, saute for 1 minute longer

- Stir in flour until full blended

- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth. Start with a cup of broth, and add more to achieve desired consistency (should be thick, but not paste-y).

- Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer, and add creole seasoning, crawfish tails and green onions. Simmer 10 minutes or so until flavors are blended. And after that, you can even put the burner on very low and just let it sit there for a while, it'll just get better and better.

Serve with white rice, garnished with more green onions if you want.

I will only be eating this for the rest of my life. Which, given the butter content, should be about two and a half weeks.

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.