Need Pinback's help with all this SALT!

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Need Pinback's help with all this SALT!

Post by Flack »

The past few years for Christmas, my mother has bought me a "sampler pack" of a dozen 5oz hot sauce bottles. This year I thought she got me the same thing, but when putting the bottles into the pantry I noticed that this year only six of the bottles contain hot sauce. The other six contain salt: Thyme Salt, Garlic Salt, Curry Salt, Rosemary Salt, Chili Salt, and Pink Sea Salt.

Pinback, I need some recipes that use these spices! Point me in the right, salty direction!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Oooh, I love to use flavored salts in "one-pot" dishes. Here's the pot I generally use for them:

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I appreciate the advice. I threw five of them away and kept the pink salt because it seems like a tastier way to support breast cancer than putting a magnet on my car.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Lucky for me, I dig the salt out of pinback's big pot. I love me some black salt. Gives everything a nice salty c r u n c h!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

The pink salt works well for lining the rim of a glass for a tequila shot or a margarita.

Garlic salt has plenty of obvious uses (I use it for home-made garlic bread)

The Thyme salt I'd probably use for seasoning poultry.. as thyme always works well with chicken or turkey.