Carrier Deck

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Carrier Deck

Post by pinback »

I'm on a beta for an upcoming Slitherine game, "Carrier Deck":

It's very much a time-management game, wrapped in a delicious aircraft carrier motif, so while you'll be repairing aircraft and launching CAP missions and hunting for submarines, you're really just playing Cook, Serve, Delicious with F-18s instead of cheeseburgers.

The beta is very enjoyable, and looks pretty damn good, if this sort of thing appeals to you. And if it does, you can sign up for the beta here!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I need to respond here to point out that this game is only being released if you agree to the terms of an NDA. What kind of whackjob wants to prevent people from discussing a game? Usually developers want public discussions in order to improve the product. Sounds like the thing is so buggy and badly designed they're afraid of others finding out unless anyone playing the game is muzzled. This does not bode well.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Slitherine does that with all of their betas, it's not some hidden commentary on the game itself.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

A NDA is standard practice for any company during the beta stage of their game regardless of whether it is an open or closed beta. The purpose of this is that they are still refining the game during the final testing process (the purpose of the beta) and they do not want the web filled with pre-launch images, videos, reports etc that will get mixed up in the minds of the consumers with those of the post-launch results.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well put. I guess I am also violating it by posting the above screenshot, but I mean, I just got that off their website, so I guess I'm not violating it.

I wanna be in full compliance.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

As long as the image is available prior to the legal wall, it is part of their marketing and such things are generally encouraged.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Thank you! I now feel good about spreading the word. That word? "CARRIER DECK"!