Recipes To Save Robb's Life

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Recipes To Save Robb's Life

Post by pinback »

Placeholder for recipes that we can recommend to keep our beloved Sysop kicking another couple years!

And they're probably a pretty good idea for anyone else reading this as well, knowing this crowd!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Hmmm, eating less of stuff? That's not really any kind of recipe though.

THE
MEAGER MORSEL
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Nothing says you have to eat less. Eating ten or twenty cups of popcorn flavored with a no-calorie chemical you like the taste of may be less calories than one cheeseburger. Changing how you eat may actually have you eat more of different things.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I don't think anyone has ever died prematurely due to not having a gallbladder :-P

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'm not sure that's the entirety of the issue.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote:Nothing says you have to eat less. Eating ten or twenty cups of popcorn flavored with a no-calorie chemical you like the taste of may be less calories than one cheeseburger. Changing how you eat may actually have you eat more of different things.
I'm really lucky that we have an expert in every single subject here to impart his wisdom to us.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Retror

Post by Retror »

Think the problem is that he hasn't had any actual medical checkups in a while and while eating the head of a roasted pig is pleasurable, it probably isn't the best thing else wise.

GO SEE A DOCTOR.

You are about to become a dad (and unlike mine who left when I was seven, yours is coming to you at around that) so be serious about it.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

You are about to become a dad

RobB, is there something you're not telling us?

THE
PITTER PATTER, ECT.
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:
You are about to become a dad

RobB, is there something you're not telling us?
Wow, Robb! That is so wonderful! Man, congratulations, it's just gonna be great. Have you decided on a name yet? I always though "Tansin Arogan Sherwin" kind of rolled off the tongue.

Retro, we already have one guy getting everything wrong here, don't hop on that bandwagon. This interview has gone terribly.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Thanks, pal. I'm anticipating the newborn eating 10-20 cups of popcorn on my new diet with me.

We should all be so lucky to have a thread like this when our health goes a little bit off into the weeds. The TRUTH is, there's already 20 recipes -- or more! -- that Ben has shared with us over the years that will aid me greatly. I unfroze (melted?) some of his vegetarian soup and had it for lunch today, for example.

(Some of you are tourists in Jolt Country, but seeing how the recipes posted here are in my freezer, well, I'm stuck here.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

("Thawed", I think was the word you were looking for.)

I've reviewed all of the Ben's Famous recipes I've posted here, and while only a few of them are aggressively bad for you, I've picked out the ones that I'd consider the most "heart healthy", just for you!

The Aforementioned Vegetable Soup

I mean, ultimately this will always be the recipe least likely to kill you. It's vegetables. And broth. And delicious. Winner winner, vegetable dinner.

Chicken Soup

A little more protein, a very-slightly increased risk of killing you over the vegetable-only soup, but certainly simple and wholesome enough that one bowl a day would almost assure you a long, productive life.

Green Chile Chicken Stew

I'd consider these last three variations on a theme, and here we'll end it with the heartiest of the group. Plus, green chiles, which have unlimited health benefits, and are the most delicious single ingredient in the world. What's not to like?

Ben's Favorite Pasta

Surely you've heard the GOOD NEWS about olive oil, and though the sugars and carbs in the pasta are probably not the most ideal delivery method, the sauce is basically an omega-3 bomb. And, I mean, it's my favorite pasta. Says so right in the name.

Dutty Gal

Your brush with death will likely give you a greater appreciation for CANNED FISH EXPERT, as those little aluminum packages of stink are like Pac Man's power pills, but for you, a human! This is a very simple recipe, but one with a rich tradition, and pretty damn tasty, too.

Cuban Black Beans and Rice

Any "beans and rice" dish should be at the top of your "things which trips to the ER are unlikely to follow" list. Two staple foods which together form a life-giving, life-saving wonderment of nutrition. And of all beans and rice dishes, this one is probably my favorite.

Welp, that's it. Do any of these appeal to you, Robb Sherwin? If not, I can work on some more!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote:Image
Haha. True! I got lots of training playing Life & Death 1 and 2!