Fast food bullshit

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Fast food bullshit

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:09 am If it bothers you that much, and it's a public company, you conceivably could do something.
Chick-Fil-A ain't public, pal. One of the things nobody seems to mention is that for privately held companies, you need a specific invite to be able to buy food from them. Considering giving mine up.

Now - do you have a way to heat up Banquet pork patties or nah?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:30 am Sonic should be good for a case like this, but they are exactly like Sonic the Hedgehog games - there was one good one 20 years ago and it's never coming back.
Hahaha true! I remember when they actually could make onion rings worth a damn. Also, their burger meat has this "off" smell to it I can't put my finger on. I occasionally go for a "Super Sonic Burrito" and it's kind of amazing how it's made differently every fahking time I order it!

Oh and RealNC: People pay bout 2.39$ for the "Fried vomit biscuit".
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:12 am for privately held companies, you need a specific invite to be able to buy food from them. Considering giving mine up.
I have never heard of a commercial restaurant with a public facing entrance requiring an invite or refusing to serve any patron who walks in the door. Maybe in North Carolina they can discriminate based on race - I have heard NC did not have still-discrimination laws based on race, and I'm not sure if they enacted any - but I've never heard of a resauant out in public refusing anyone who walks in the door.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:12 am Now - do you have a way to heat up Banquet pork patties or nah?
No.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Example #6: The McDonalds “Bacon BBQ Burger”

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/prod ... urger.html

I like bacon. I like BBQ sauce. I sometimes like a regular McDonald’s cheeseburger because it tastes how it did many years ago (weird and bland but familiar) and sometimes a royal with cheese if I’m driving and starving. Those “crunchy onions” haha you know that shit is soggy unless you eat in the “restaurant”. I will not try this.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:16 am Example #6: The McDonalds “Bacon BBQ Burger”

I like bacon. I like BBQ sauce. I sometimes like a regular McDonald’s cheeseburger because it tastes how it did many years ago (weird and bland but familiar) and sometimes a royal with cheese if I’m driving and starving. Those “crunchy onions” haha you know that shit is soggy unless you eat in the “restaurant”. I will not try this.
Wait, did you just use the Pulp Fiction name for Quarter Pounder? Awesome.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:26 pm
Jizaboz wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:16 am Example #6: The McDonalds “Bacon BBQ Burger”

Wait, did you just use the Pulp Fiction name for Quarter Pounder? Awesome.
Hahaha yeah. It was quicker to type on my phone.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Well, we tried Jack In the Box again. Myself, the two nephews and one of the fathers of one of the nephews. And you'll never guess what happened, that's right, explosive vomiting for 17 hours and counting.

When will JitB learn?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:11 pm Well, we tried Jack In the Box again. Myself, the two nephews and one of the fathers of one of the nephews. And you'll never guess what happened, that's right, explosive vomiting for 17 hours and counting.

When will JitB learn?
Your local Jack must be pissing all over health violations or something! I mean.. like I said in the other thread I ate that shit then flew on a plane with zero issues!

Just curious.. did your food have lettuce or other condiments? Once I got sick from a local non-chain place. Ordered the same burger as my GF but she got hers plain and mine had onions on it. She was fine and I got mild food poisoning! I figured the cook must have been touching raw meat then fondling the condiments.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Last time I went to Jack in the box, the chicken patty was uncooked. I have no idea how how that chain is still in business.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:40 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:11 pm Well, we tried Jack In the Box again. Myself, the two nephews and one of the fathers of one of the nephews. And you'll never guess what happened, that's right, explosive vomiting for 17 hours and counting.

When will JitB learn?
Your local Jack must be pissing all over health violations or something! I mean.. like I said in the other thread I ate that shit then flew on a plane with zero issues!

Just curious.. did your food have lettuce or other condiments? Once I got sick from a local non-chain place. Ordered the same burger as my GF but she got hers plain and mine had onions on it. She was fine and I got mild food poisoning! I figured the cook must have been touching raw meat then fondling the condiments.
Projectile vomiting happens every single time anyone consumes food at Jack in the Box. It's unfortunate - I like their stuff - but it's what happens. Every customer, every location.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

New Wendy’s commercial shaming the guy who brought a frozen meal for lunch.

It then goes on to say he should have got a “real meal”. I leave you to your own conclusions..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I would like to state that except for a couple incidents, I really hate the smug assholes that ran the Wendy's twitter account. That is all.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:43 am I would like to state that except for a couple incidents, I really hate the smug assholes that ran the Wendy's twitter account. That is all.
Agreed. Also, in a way Wendy's sucks more than McDonalds. Their burgers and fries taste nothing like the stuff I enjoyed in the late 80s and early 90s across the hallway from the Alladins Castle in Hanes Mall.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

On that note something icj mentioned about Sonic.. I ate at one of the original ones out in the country with the original signage and everything in 89 or 90 I want to say. From then on until a few years ago they had OK food. Now the beef patties are even cheaper meat with tons more salt, and the bastards can't even make their orIginal onion rings the same way anymore.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I think I can identify the cause of this problem. It is the reason for all of this. Well, maybe not the reason, but the primary one.

Beancounters.

No, I don't mean people who count the beans to be put in refried means and burritos, I mean accountants. When the core focus of quick service restaurants - something a little more "palatable" than "fast food" - became profitability and cash flow over product quality and customer service, then product quality and customer service had to take a back seat to making a buck.

Now, I'm not criticizing the profit motive per se, what I am criticizing is the near-exclusive focus on profit "above all else."

Some franchises focus first on quality, or service, then the other, then on profitability. How do they actually act vs. what do they claim? If their motto is "A good product, in a clean environment, produced quickly, at a fair price," then that is the order that they should focus on.

Something has to be first. If a good product is your primary goal, you order fresh beef, crisp lettuce, and fresh-baked buns from local bakeries. For a great product, you might use express-shipped beef where you get shipments every day or two and while they do use a refrigerator to store beef not being used, it is never frozen, it's never more than one day old from when it left the slaughterhouse and might have actually been a bull or cow earlier that day. Buns might be baked on site from never-frozen dough delivered daily, or they might even make their own dough. Lettuce comes from farms directly, farmers markets or direct wholesale, and also, is fresh daily. Cheese is shipped paper separated sliced, or shipped in recently made blocks and cut on-site. Cheese is made from dairy products (and flavorings) only, no oils or fillers.

If cleanliness or service is first, all utensils - this would inclaude cooking tools: scrapers, fry baskets, spatulas - are kept clean when not in use, are swapped out for clean ones regularly and taken back to be washed in a scalding hot dishwasher. Surfaces are routinely cleaned frequently to very frequently, with unused paper towels or clean rags. Grease is changed before it is excessively dirty, you have multiple grills so aftr one has been in use heavily for a few hours, the other can be used while that one is cleaned. Or the grill plate is removable so it can be swapped out and washed while a new one is in use.

In the customer area, tables are wiped - again, with clean rags using cleaner or disinfectant - when customers leave, restrooms are kept spotless and fully stocked, and the floors are regularly swept and mopped. Even the building, and potentially the parking lot/drive thru - are routinely washed.

When the place closes - or done overnight in stages for places operating 24/7 - grills are disassembled and power washed to remove accumulated grime, work areas are disassembled, cutting boards or service plates removed so everything can be fully cleaned. The entire floor and all tables get at least one complete cleaning.

And while probably required by code, everyone handling food or cleaning equipment wears hair nets, gloves, and if one has a cold, surgical-style face masks. (People cleaning restrooms, mopping, sweeping, washing the building or wiping tables are not required to do this.)

Also, employee wages are above minimum wage to encourage staff retention. MoSt of these places have staff churn rates of 150% or more a year,. This means for every 10 employees they have, they hire about 15 new people each year. So an employee who makes the grade and isn't fired or quits, gets regular quarterly or semi-annual raises. This means you have motivated people who know their employer cares about them, and want to stay, not people who leave once trained for another churning place place that pays a little more.

Then we get to the unfortunately more common one. Focus on profitability first. Supplies are bought from the least expensive supplier, regardless of its (lack of) quality, or even whether the product is fit for human consmption. Restrooms are filthy - although this may be less common since restaurant owners know inspectors check restrooms - employees are paid minimum wage or less when they think they can get away with it. Food is thrown together, without caring, in any state, whether or not edible. Grease is used until it's more like coagulated food particles rather than a liquid, food is shipped frozen, rapid thawed, and might be old, and if priices go up they substitute cheaper components, always focusing on lower cost of supply.

And if you re-read the last paragraph, substitute "stock" for "food," you get the entire business model of Wal-Mart.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Commander, you have a finite amount of words left in you. Don't waste them.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:48 pm Commander, you have a finite amount of words left in you. Don't waste them.
Flack, you have a finite amount of time left to live. Don't waste it making cryptic statements, or telling people not to do something. Spend it like I do, being a hypocrite.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I mis-read The Commander's post the first time and I thought he thought burger joints actually do all that cleaning bullshit. They don't. Can't speak for the food quality, don't know enough about the supply chain. One of the reasons I got out of McD's was when they went to holding cabinets instead of cooking up fresh all the time. Holding cabinets and microwave ovens, designed to reduce food waste and increase profits by making the food sit longer and still be edible.

THE
AINT OLD
TILL IT'S SOLD
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

I can't remember the last fast food burger I got. That's not bragging. I love fast food burgers, and Wendy's is still awesome no matter what you people say. It just never comes up anymore. Plus, I can't be eatin' no goddamn fast food burgers.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Example #7: Hardees Big Fried Cheese Angus Thickburger

https://www.chewboom.com/2020/02/12/new ... d-hardees/

I'm pretty sure if you eat this you won't shit for 2 days, have a heart attack, or both.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻