CO's Diet Plan

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

CO's Diet Plan

Post by Casual Observer »

Just thought I'd mention a great diet plan I've used to lose almost 40lbs, 4 inches off my waistline over the last year, retreated from previous "pre-diabetes" situation, and lowered my blood pressure to an almost normal level without using a stitch of self control.

I think it's something that most JC'ers can get behind (except Paul, which is a real shame). It's hardly new, I've seen it referenced in many movies I've seen but certainly worked for me. It's called the: Drink. A. Lot. plan. Basically, I drank enough to cause myself to start having IBS and acid indigestion to the point where I could hardly eat anything. You're going to need hard alcohol for this, beer and wine have too many calories.

I had to go some days fasting and other times could only ingest things like stoned wheat thins crackers or $.99 ramen noodles. Fatty foods like fast food, itallian food, mexican shit, etc. became unpalatable to me and I have seen my once ample belly shrink to the point where my 2X shirts are starting to look like skirts. I've gone from 2X shirts to L shirts and the corresponding self esteem is incredible. (I've also quit smoking pot, vaping, and almost all coffee so also have more breath and energy but that's not relevant to dieting). Now that I've renewed relations with my old friend "Moderation", my stomach is mostly back to normal, my acid reflux is almost completely gone and I've been able to get back to a more normal eating habit. I do heartily recommend "Zegrid" which is an ingenious combination of Omeprazole and Sodium Bicarbonate, the Sodium bicarbonate changes the stomach's ph balance to not destroy the Omeprazole before it does it's magic.

A lingering benefit is that even the thought of most fast food (the big 4, McD, BK, Wendys, TacoBell) still turns my stomach. The work is no way complete, theres still a paunch of belly fat to work on but that will take the demon exercise and the worst thing in the world, sit ups, to get gone. I mention this plan because I'm aware that JC'ers aren't mostly teetotalers so this could potentially be an option to get a jump start on getting toward a healthy weight.

bryanb

Re: CO's Diet Plan

Post by bryanb »

I like how Jolt Country is becoming a hub for alternative weight loss plans. Who needs diets and exercise when you've got methods like alcoholism and amputation available? Someone should try the cocaine method next. Wait, maybe that's why Billy still hasn't come back yet.

Seriously, though, congrats on losing the weight and getting healthier. I'm going to credit self-discipline and determination ahead of the alcohol, though. Great job man!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I saw the doctor in October and got the pre-diabetic speech. (Never pick a 30-year-old doctor who runs marathons.)

I haven't talked about it much but I've lost 25 pounds over the past 18 days. I cut out all sugar, most carbs (call it Keto, Adkins, whatever...), and resumed walking one mile (so far) a day. At some point I'll introduce a "cheat day" into the regimen but I had a couple of "cheat decades" in there so it's not a concern at the moment. It's funny how quickly your body switches from wanting cookies or cake to dreaming about fucking toast.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:41 am It's funny how quickly your body switches… to dreaming about fucking toast.
To each his own I guess. Preferred women more myself.

Some say the solution of the title character in the book Portnoy's Complaint isn't too bad, while some consider it disgusting.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:24 pm
Flack wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:41 am It's funny how quickly your body switches… to dreaming about fucking toast.
To each his own I guess. Preferred women more myself.
I dream about toast because I can't have it right now.

Which is why you dream about women.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ohhhhhhhh
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻