Thank you for the Starburst, Mr. ????????

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Thank you for the Starburst, Mr. ????????

Post by Tdarcos »

I've been busy formulating the replies I made so I forgot to say something right away, but two days ago I got the box containing a package of Starburst, Mr. Unknown, as far as i can tell there was no indication who sent it. No note, nothing. I even checked to make sure I hadn't ordered it.

So thank you, Mr. Unknown, whomever you are (but I have an idea.)

So, I'll give you a little hint if you want me to credit any of you in the future.

Back when companies placed magazine ads for orders by mail, where you actually got a money order and mailed a form in, they'd give you a street address or PO Box, and a department number. The department number identified the magazine the ad ran in. If they ran ads in 10 different magazines that week, each had a different department number. This told them which ads in which magazines were most effective.

So use that if you send anything to me in the future, so I won't have to temporarily thank Mr. Unknown, try this:

Paul Robinson
550 S. Carlin Springs Rd Rm 330B
Dept. XXXXXXXXX
Arlington, VA 22204-1022

Where XXXXXXXXX can be "ICJ" (which is whom I think it is), "Flack", or whomever, so I can properly say thank you to whomever did this. Jonsey, if it's not you, then forget I said so.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Mr Unknown

Re: Thank you for the Starburst, Mr. ????????

Post by Mr Unknown »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:12 am So thank you, Mr. Unknown, whomever you are (but I have an idea.)
I wish I could take credit, but it wasn't me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Unknown.

"Unknown."

UNKNOWN
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:12 am I got the box containing a package of Starburst, Mr. Unknown, as far as i can tell there was no indication who sent it. No note, nothing. I even checked to make sure I hadn't ordered it.

Did you check the thread you started on Jolt Country where you asked for starburst and a phone charger?

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:07 pmOrder placed! Amazon said the Starburst should show up Thursday and the charger "June 2, 2020 - June 5, 2020"
That's where I'd start, it could lead somewhere?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

MEN WEARING GROCERY BAGS
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I didn't notice the confirmation message indicating it would be shipped as two packages. Since it was a bag of Starburst alone, while I figured it was probably Jonsey, the lack of a charger made me suspect it might be someone else.

I have no idea why so many people have been so nice to me. Thank you, all.

A good Christian apologist could say, "It's an example of God's love and compassion for all men, as expressed by the redemption offered by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
To which I'd say, "No, it's an example of some actual man's compassion, as expressed by the redemption of his Visa or Mastercard."
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:55 pmI have no idea why so many people have been so nice to me. Thank you, all.
You are easily the best thing about this BBS, and because you have true friends that care about you, and because you have a kind heart. You are the gush in gushers.