I would like the Rochester crew's feelings and memories regarding Narragansett.

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

I would like the Rochester crew's feelings and memories regarding Narragansett.

Post by pinback »

Thank you.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: I would like the Rochester crew's feelings and memories regarding Narragansett.

Post by Casual Observer »

Are you thinking of moving there? Vermont will give you $5k for 2 years to move there with your virtual job.

ChainGangGuy

Re: I would like the Rochester crew's feelings and memories regarding Narragansett.

Post by ChainGangGuy »

He may be referring to the beer. This calls for a beer. Are you referring to the beer, Pinback?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Narragansett never really made it this far, at least not until the craft beer explosion of the 2000s. I've never had one. and the only reference I have is a quip from Stephen King in his book IT, where the character refers to it as "Nasty-gansett"

THE
BEER BY THE BOOK
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

That can't be the only cultural reference you know. I mean, there's the main one. These cans I bought today even mention it on the can.

Most of the people in the world know it only from one cultural reference, and Stephen King sure as shit ain't it.
Last edited by pinback on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinback

Post by pinback »

(I am referring to the beer.)

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Nope, that's about it, nasty-gansett. I didn't even know it existed until I read the book.

THE
CAME OUT OF
BOOK CLOSET
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

WAIT!
The cans you bought today?

Please to explain

THE
NOT FALLING VERY FAR OFF THE WAGON
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:57 pm Nope, that's about it, nasty-gansett. I didn't even know it existed until I read the book.
Sometimes I think I don't even know any of you people.

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:58 pmThe cans you bought today?
30-pack, $19.99 in Fairfield, OH. Cheaper where it's made, I'm sure, which is why I'm asking the Rochester "experts", which now I'm starting to doubt that there are any.

pinback

Post by pinback »

How can a bunch of drunks from Rochester not have anything to say about 'Gansett?

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

I don't drink cheap beer ever since RIT.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

We all grew up on Genesee beer.

In other news, until this very moment I had no idea Quint was drinking a Nasty-gansett. I knew it was a beer can but didn't know the brand.

THE
LANDSHARK!
AARDVARK

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

It's...fine. Goes well with New England food like lobster rolls and shrimp cocktail. If I had a backyard, and friends to fill it, and declared a crawfish boil it's what I'd stock a tub of ice with. If I was going to Chiavetta's some chicken and roast some corn, it'd work great.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Is it better than the four guys that walk into a swamp, set up camp and break out the Milwaukee's Best and declare "It just doesn't get any better than this"

THE
SWAMP!
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

Huh. Well, I guess the Rochester-'Gansett connection was not as strong as I first assumed.

Thank you for your time.