MAME Club side conversations.

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

MAME Club side conversations.

Post by AArdvark »

This is about playing the games, not dip switches or high scores. I so wanted to turn on autofire and other cheats but that would be disingenuous to the spirit of the Tuesday Boozeday Club

AArdvark

Re: MAME Club side conversations.

Post by AArdvark »

One of the things I wanted to accomplish during this vacation was to prune out my mame rom folder in my laptop. There's a massive amount of games that I'll never play; mah jong, fighting games, bar top games, all that stuff. I want to remove every rom that I won't use. Since I never got the hang of merged and non-merged, I simply made a new folder and stuck all the roms in it I THINK I needed. Then I reset the mame directory pointer to to that folder only to see what still works. Then it was just a matter of moving additional roms from the old folder to the new until I got most of my favorite games working again. After that I deleted the old folder to free up several gigs of space. Any new games I want can be grabbed one at a time when I get home. Including the games that didnt work in the first place. Now I got thirty or so games and only those in a Varcade folder thatt boots up when I start the laptop. I might do the same thing to my TV computer. Maybe not, I got lots of space in that machine.

One question remains, how do I put a spinner in an xbox controller?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

So, they actually made a version of the Xbox controller with a spinner, but I think it was 360 only...

I have an Apache push/pull spinner that has been sitting on the floor of my office for 2 years. I need to unscrew it and create a little contraption for it. (The piece of wood it's in now is this giant thing that looks like an aircraft carrier.)

There is probably, what, 50? 100 games you'd actually play from that era? The Mahjong thing was so, so stupid for them to get involved with.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Pole Position, Tempest and Spy Hunter. That's about it. So Im not dropping ant kind of money into playing just three more games

Maybe I can cobble something together with an old set of Atari paddles. I'd like something the size of a nickel that I could install through the center badge area, that would be ideal

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Is this an original Xbox or 360?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Original. I bet there's enough room in there for a spinner, two extra coin- in buttons ans a trackball