X-Men

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: X-Men

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Well yeah, the coin return buttons aren't great either, haha.

I think I might get something like this: https://usa.banggood.com/TB371-4-Key-MC ... 50825.html

Hook up the ground to that thing and then each of the four coin button wires to it. Give myself enough room to coin it up outside the machine itself.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Momen ... ns&sr=8-13

Get these and put them on the front. I have extras from my keyboard project that can be donated

Flack

Post by Flack »

On the machines I owned that didn't support free play, I drilled holes above the coin slots, added arcade buttons, and ran the wires to the back of the buttons. I got the idea from the 1984 Arcade, who adds a blue button to every single one of their games. I think I'd make them different colors that correspond with the joysticks or positions or whatever.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

I believe I am going to sell X-Men after it gets fixed, so if any of you had a deep desire for it, now is the time to speak up.

Ice Cream Jonsey

The tech has the chassis! He has the chassis!!!

Completely Off-Topic

Post by Completely Off-Topic »

I've had just about enough of these damn drain flies!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Back to FIXED! It was the flyback on the X-Men monitor. I am now living in a time period where all the games work, we'll see how long I continue living here.

Ice Cream Jonsey

It was a wonderful game. I had wonderful memories.

I bought too many games during the pandemic, and this was the biggest boy. It had wonderful gameplay for a party. People like to game together. But this means I can move two games out of where they are now, and have it take its space. I sold it to a nice gentleman from KLOV and a local Facebook collector's group out here.

He said he was going to put it on location at ..... Channel 3 arcade on Colfax out here? I didn't even know about it! Honestly, selling it and still getting to play it if it goes there is the best of both worlds.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I knew you wouldn't hold on to that thing for long.

Much like the Funhouse you could have sold to me had you held on to it a little longer.

(heh)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

It was one of those things where we had last year and this year of just not being able to get in the garage. Well, not totally true: last winter, I had things neatly organized, but there was maybe two or three inches of space on each side. I am sure that after a long day of work and a difficult commute, my beautiful and understanding wife didn't want to get the Highlander in there without much error room. She has always been really sweet about the games.

I listed it to the Colorado arcade group I'm on in the hopes that someone would come get it ASAP, but then it snowed and snowed and snowed, so what was meant to be a five hour turnaround between listing and its removal stretched on.

But now! Space! Space! Speaking of space, I'd fill the empty space up with an Omega Race in a heartbeat.

Not-so-casual Observer

Post by Not-so-casual Observer »

Jizaboz wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:23 am We should all pick who we will play if we ever get over there after the plague.

I pick Nightcrawler.
Mystique or
Jean Grey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Not-so-casual Observer wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:23 pm
Jizaboz wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:23 am We should all pick who we will play if we ever get over there after the plague.

I pick Nightcrawler.
Mystique or
Jean Grey
Sadly, neither were playable characters. I think the lineup was Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, Dazzler, Nightcrawler and Wolverine.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Which, thinking about it, if Dazzler was out and Thunderbird in, you'd have the all-new, all different X-men. The problem is that after the first quarter, the coin slot stopped working for Thunderbird.

Not-so-casual Observer

Post by Not-so-casual Observer »

Hmm, given those choices, you'd think
I'd pick storm, but I'd go with Cyclops.
He's a beast!