Atari VCS

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Atari VCS

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You can buy an Atari VCS now.

(I was just reminded of the situation with EVGA and their 3080 video cards - I got on the list a year and a day ago and.... no notification from them about that. Not complaining, it's just crazy.)

https://atarivcs.com/
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Atari VCS

I should bump this. I bought one and love it.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I need a 2nd joystick for mine. I've tried fixing one of mine many times. Got rebuild kits which worked great.. until that one broke again. Basically there's a plastic nub on the base of the thing that keeps breaking off no matter how I superglue it. It's not a part included in a rebuild kit.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I loved it and I am not affected by this bug, but .... this started in September, with the first reply stating that it was seen in July. This is the most unforgivable, unbelievable payment bug I have ever seen in my life.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/35531 ... ssiontips/
I've had the VCS for several weeks, I've already purchased half a dozen games from the Atari (VCS) Store with no issue and even saved my card information. Well, last night I went to the Atari Store to purchase another game, I not only had to re-enter all my card info and zip code, but I received a transaction failure due to it not accepting my zip code! It kept displaying [N/A, zip code requires 5 digits and optional 4 digit extension]. I made several attempts on two different games and tried using 2 different credit (debit-the first used and saved before) cards which have plenty of money in their accounts. I tried restarting the console, and again on an attempt this morning. I even verified my zip code with my address on a bill, though I know it by heart and even tried adding the 4 digit extension on said bill with no difference.
What a debacle. A guy is stating that it's their payments commerce partner that is making changes, but at no point has anyone in charge at Atari:

1) Gotten going with a different payments processor across all platforms
2) Engineered ways to buy on the atari.com site, and have the games appear on the VCS
3) Allowed for other payment methods on the VCS itself

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Maybe they should start selling actual carts in stores again!