AArdvark

Re: Nick Tahou, culinary genius

Post by AArdvark »

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

This is their website as far as I can tell:

https://garbageplate.com/

I get that they only list the extant location because there was drama with the one on Lyell Ave. Hope things are going well for them. (No way to order one for delivery on their site, no way to order swag, no way for the thousands of transplants to get one shipped to them . I'm the asshole for saying this, but whatever.)

In other news my brother took my mom and myself to a pizza place near downtown Rochester in May or whenever I was back. It was like the first time the three of us went out without my dad. There was one large family present where the 5-year old kid delighted in slapping his sneakers to make a loud SQUEEEE! sound over and over again for 10 minutes and then as soon as they left the Mother of the Year arrived to wait for her plaque and proceeded to put her phone on speaker, talk to it like it was Kirk's communicator and babble on and scream and create drama like a total piece of shit for the next 15 minutes. At some point if things are ever going to be better in the actual downtown area of Rochester, people need to be told to shut the fuck up and stop acting like animals. Also, Jesus Christ, if your door gets smashed every goddamn month and it's $400 to fix it each time hire a fucking minimum wage kid to sit there with "9" and "1" already programmed into his phone. There were 31 million unemployed people at the height of the pandemic, the lengths business owners will go to not hiring people and then cry about it to the media is insane.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:46 pm This is their website as far as I can tell:

https://garbageplate.com/

I get that they only list the extant location because there was drama with the one on Lyell Ave. Hope things are going well for them. (No way to order one for delivery on their site, no way to order swag, no way for the thousands of transplants to get one shipped to them . I'm the asshole for saying this, but whatever.)
Oh sure there is. They still think it's 1992 tho.
garbagewebsite.com wrote:Print & fax our order form
I really only cared about them for the hot sauce. My wife's come up with a good substitute that uses ground beef, Country Sweet sauce (love that I can buy that shit online), garlic powder, onion powder, Tabasco, finely chopped onion, and some other flavors only she knows. I never put it together in an actual garbage plate though, like the bun too much. Now that I have a propane grill sitting outside I can make burgers from frozen to rare in five minutes so it's killing me every time we get fast food still.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Doesn't everyone who has ever worked in fast food know that there's no money left in the store overnight, or if it is, it's in a safe? What are these people doing, smashing in the door over and over? Hell, hire a few more cooks, make it a 24 hour operation, and get rid of the door. That'll learn 'em.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It's amusing that Tahous have a link to the webpage you are already on. Since there's some shooting just about every day in Rochester visiting Nick's is out of the question. The Lyell Ave. Location is close enough'

They used to be open 24/7 to get the barflies after 2AM. They had to change that because there was too much drama and too many police calls to the downtown location

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Ouch, kinda a burn on zweigels. Pinwronm sure to disagree.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:15 pm Ouch, kinda a burn on zweigels. Pinwronm sure to disagree.
Have you had other people agree with you outside of the BBS that the Smith/Rock incident was staged?

Casual Observer

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:23 am
Casual Observer wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:15 pm Ouch, kinda a burn on zweigels. Pinwronm sure to disagree.
Have you had other people agree with you outside of the BBS that the Smith/Rock incident was staged?
yahoo news wrote:The Academy and show producers have faced backlash over why Will wasn't immediately removed from the ceremony and allowed to accept an Oscar moments later for Best Actor.
hmm, a real physical assault on their stage but they had him back up later for his award. Sure sounds like the academy agrees with me.
Academy of Hollywood Attention Whores wrote:Wow, they're talking about this for 3 whole days? Give me more daddy

Casual Observer

Casual Observer wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:34 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:23 am
yahoo news wrote:The Academy and show producers have faced backlash over why Will wasn't immediately removed from the ceremony and allowed to accept an Oscar moments later for Best Actor.
hmm, a real physical assault on their stage but they had him back up later for his award. Sure sounds like the academy agrees with me.
Academy of Hollywood Attention Whores wrote:Wow, they're talking about this for 3 whole days? Give me more daddy
the academy wrote:The statement also claims that Smith was asked to leave the ceremony after the incident "and refused." The Academy said it recognizes "we could have handled the situation differently."
Someone commits assault onstage with security guards available and he's like "nah, I'm ok here". Ok, I'm convinced you guys, this was a real thing that people should get upset about or at least chime in.

Ice Cream Jonsey

They said they asked him to leave, but that News just got out. I'm in the wrong thread though. I made a mistake!!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The original (Trademarked1) Garbage Plate is from Nick Tahou's but you can get a plate from tons of places. Even Horizons at the Lodge at Woodcliff, an upscale suburban hotel, has added a knockoff to their menu. It is called the Plat De Refuse, available to diners at a price of $15.75 per plate. The burger is made from elk and topped by Vermont Cheddar, the hot dog bison, the macaroni flecked with grape tomatoes, the beans homemade, and the hot sauce is actually a wild game chili.
Aint no snouts in that! Who's up for a road trip?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Nick's posting pics of him yukking it up with a seditious traitor, Rudy Giuliani, on his Twitter feed, so that's the end of me giving a shit about Nick Tahou. Luckily, two dozen places back home does his thing better than he ever did.

Good bye forever, Nick Tahou. You were personally kind of disgusting, your shit ass restaurant moreso.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Rudy Giuliani licks his lips too much for me to feel comfortable listening to anything he says lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

On what Twitter account?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Let's see, given the available information, if I can find it.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Thanks, Flack. Look at that PREENING ASSHOLE. DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR thumbs up!

Truth to tell, I can't stop supporting them any more than I do, because I moved 1,000 miles away and when I do go back, I don't bother going to the shitty part of town the original Tahou's is in. OH YEAH there was also a fucking race riot there inside the building that my brother was involved in. (I don't blame either of the races at play, I now blame ownership.)

Anyway, good for the cretins running the place, they probably missed out on HYUCK HYUCK photos with Richard Nixon and Benedict Arnold so I'm glad he took this opportunity while he had it. What a fucking bunch of losers.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Vark, what's this "Dog Town" people are talking about?

pinback

Post by pinback »

I like his indignant defense, "hey, we didn't invite them, they just came in."

Not what I would expect from a place famous for something called "garbage plate".
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.