2600 Starter's Kit

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

2600 Starter's Kit

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

OK, though I am a bit off from having results I'm going to create an area on the site that has a kind of compendium for getting started with 2600 programming.

(I have some stuff on my HD at home and have been meaning to FTP them up to the site for a week now. So at this point, this message sort of serves as a reminder to myself.)

DASM, of course, is a must. Commented code for games like Combat isn't bad either. I've also grabbed a few PDF files on 2600 programming that hopefully help -- haven't quite had a chance to read them yet.

The dawn of modern computing is upon us! Reversed, though!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

bruce

Re: 2600 Starter's Kit

Post by bruce »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:OK, though I am a bit off from having results I'm going to create an area on the site that has a kind of compendium for getting started with 2600 programming.
W00t!
DASM, of course, is a must. Commented code for games like Combat isn't bad either. I've also grabbed a few PDF files on 2600 programming that hopefully help -- haven't quite had a chance to read them yet.

The dawn of modern computing is upon us! Reversed, though!
Um, which DASM? I am using 2.12.04, with the "Rhialto" improvements. It's not the most-commonly-available one. I'd also suggest you include a pointer to MAKEWAV. And there's been the ongoing project to put together a newbie's guide to the 2600; check the Stella mailing list archives for that.

Da King-like Simulacra

Post by Da King-like Simulacra »

Bah.

Zork sucks.
It's good to be Da King! Or, a reasonable facsimile thereof!