X-COM doesn't work on a GeForce card.... NOOOOOOOO!!

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

X-COM doesn't work on a GeForce card.... NOOOOOOOO!!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

DAMMIT.

Operation "Build X-COM PC"... started!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I feel that I should mention that it *does* work... you just need to grab a patch. Which I grabbed.

For the longest time, I was under the impression that I needed to go grab a living Sectoid Commander or something to interrogate, in order to send my guys to Mars. But as it turns out, I already had one.

So, after a two year layoff or so, I have been playing it again. What a great game. What a GREAT FUCKING GAME. Because Zork was so here-and-now for me, I'll always say that was the best, but the first X-COM is a STRONG #2.

I have the ship I need that will get my ass to Mars, I just need to develop my guys into being more powerful with their psi abilities. I have one guy (his name is actually "Bjornno Nomme," which I don't think I came up with; I think the game did) who is an animal in that regard, but everyone else is fairly unskilled. My Commander, "James Kirk," also got wounded for 42 days on his last mission, so I need to wait for him to heal up as well. (I did in fact custom-name him, of course.)

The Geforce fix files were difficult to find, so I'd like to host them permanently. I am going to try to get X-COM Apocalypse working on my system as well -- it's been installed on my HD ever since the game originally came out, but I am wondering if it'll still work with me being on a Geforce card now.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!