Ketchup on steak

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Ketchup on steak

Post by Tdarcos »

For those of you that saw my sponsored video that you guys paid for, you'll note that I have an electric grill. I think it's wonderful, I cook pancakes, I grill polish sausage, and I grill hamburger.

And don't call me an idiot, but it's almost foolproof. I take hamburger, marinate it with either steak sauce or Worcestershire or both, sometimes with powdered steak seasoning, compress it as thin as possible (about 1/4 inch or so, about 1/2 as thick as my fingers), cook it at 350 or so for two to three minutes, or maybe a little longer, then turn it over and do the same. At this point, when I have cheese I put it on at this time. By making the burgers thin I've solved the problem of getting medium rare (inside is still pink and isn't cooked) and my hamburgers now always turn out medium. When I want medium rare I just go back to the thicker burgers.

One time I was visiting over at my sister's place and my sister and I wanted to kill my brother. We get three of these really good high quality steaks and my sister cooked them on the outside grill. My brother takes this beautiful steak and proceeds to put ketchup on it! In case you're going to ask, I am the baby of the family at 50, my brother is six years older than me; my sister is 10 years older.

To quote John Travolta in Pulp Fiction, "That's the kind of offense that should be punishable by immediate death penalty. No trial, nothing."

I can understand ketchup on burgers, fries and hot dogs (I personally do chili, cheese, onions and sauerkraut from the ones I get at the 7/11) but ketchup on a steak? Jesus fucking Christ Almighty!
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

That's really unacceptable. Although I used to think that using steak sauce was also unacceptable, but now I drown that shit in A1.

So, people can change.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Of course, putting ketchup on hot dogs is just as horrific an offense, but you can't stop gobbling ketchup-dogs long enough to even read this.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.