Possibly the coolest thing I own (pic)

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Possibly the coolest thing I own (pic)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

If you've been to the Troll Room recently, you know that there is a bit of swag that I am *not* particularly proud of that is currently in my possession. Well, in a surprising turn of events something arrived today that kind of balances that out.

OK, it doesn't balance out the CD or Elektra figure named in the aforementioned thread, but it comes pretty close:

One of the Bruces hooked me up with a custom made cartridge for his recent text adventure "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring." I helped out on the cartridge design there, and reaped the benefits. I don't currently have access to an Atari 2600, but this is worth getting one for. HOT DAMN it looks good.

A better sysop would have a link handy to the guy who assembles these cartridges. I currently do not have his home page. (But I shall do my best to find it, scouring e-mail and whatnot.) Needless to say, while I may not end up doing a text adventure I absolutely HAVE to find some time to make up a 2600 game before either I or the wizard who makes these custom carts passes away. It's worth reproducing just to have brood to pass Mr. Thornton's LOTR cartridge onto.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Looks cool, man.

8-bit Memories

Post by 8-bit Memories »

Whoa! Shweeeet!! :mrgreen:

chris

Post by chris »

Bring the cart with you the next time you come back to Rochester, and I'll pull the 2600 out of the attic.

Hmmm, now that I think of it, I *might* have more than one 2600. If you're interested, I'll check tonight and see what I've got.

Chris

bruce

FotR cart

Post by bruce »

Hey, anyone can have one for $11. Just write to Randy Crihfield at hozervideo@charter.net, and he'll hook ya up.

That said, *my* copy is one of the coolest things I own.

Bruce

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Right, and here I was fretting what his URL was, when the name of his place is written right on the cartridge.

http://webpages.charter.net/hozervideo/atari/2600.html

I didn't know it previously, but it looks like he can replicate any ROM you can manage to give him. In an internet full of duplicity, depression and darkness, it's nice to see that there is one beacon of hope and truth working for righteousness.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!