Lex: your Hugo class project

This is a discussion / support forum for the Hugo programming language by Kent Tessman. Hugo is a powerful programming language for making text games / interactive fiction with multimedia support.

Hugo download links: https://www.generalcoffee.com/hugo
Roody Yogurt's Hugo Blog: https://notdeadhugo.blogspot.com
The Hugor interpreter by RealNC: http://ifwiki.org/index.php/Hugor

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

Lex: your Hugo class project

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Hey, man, did you end up seeing any progress on that? Did you get the screen to split and a graphic to be displayed?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Lex

Post by Lex »

So far I've only been workign on the write-up side of the project: Such things will happen tonight & tommorow.
WHOOA!

Lex

Post by Lex »

Okay, due to deadlines I had to pretty much assfuck the whole graphic-window thing. However, I would very much like to use it for my first Hugo IF piece, if I may. I feel I'd very much like to make my first venture work in the same way as scourge/FoD did in the graphics department.
And, being a bastard, when I handed my 15-page project analysis & 32 double-pages of code to him, I made sure a copy of the GNU General Public Liscense was at the very back.
Man, am I l33t or what.
WHOOA!

Lex

Post by Lex »

Okay; handed the thing in on Monday, guy from the Scottish Qualifications Authority came down to double-check incase something was fishy with the fact that:

I GOT AN A!
an A in Advanced Higher Computing is nothing to be sniffed at.
And, as the project counts as 50% of our entire year grade, I'm laughing.
Hahaha!
see?

Actaully, my entire computing class being three guys, and us all getting A's, I'm wondering if there was more too it.
But yeah, doing a 60 hour project in three days and getting an A has given me a nice, warm feeling.
(We were supposed to have been working on it for, like, the last six months.)
WHOOA!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You're well on your way to programming in the real world.

I have written 90% of my code at this job in the three days before a project has been due.

For the one I'm working on now, my boss wanted to give me three weeks to do it. I just told him that I'd waste 19 of those days and we revised the table so that we'd meet on this upcoming Wednesday. We are Children of the Deadline, you and I.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Lex

Post by Lex »

Brothers hated by the studious, loved by...

Jesus, apparently.
WHOOA!