TDARCOS! READ THIS THREAD FOR FUCK'S SAKE

This is a discussion / support forum for the Hugo programming language by Kent Tessman. Hugo is a powerful programming language for making text games / interactive fiction with multimedia support.

Hugo download links: https://www.generalcoffee.com/hugo
Roody Yogurt's Hugo Blog: https://notdeadhugo.blogspot.com
The Hugor interpreter by RealNC: http://ifwiki.org/index.php/Hugor

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

TDARCOS! READ THIS THREAD FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

We've been trying to get a hold of you for OVER A MONTH regarding the Hugo thing on Wikipedia. For some reason, you fart out your opinion on every other goddamn topic but the one we want you to post on.

What is YOUR TAKE on what happened at the end of the Hugo discussion on Wikipedia? Here is the link in case you need it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... _language)

What it appears to me is that the following happened:

The originator of the delete request, Ramaksoud2000, is a fucking idiot that doesn't know anything. He recently got admin powers and it obviously went to his head.

A bunch of people show up in the discussion and say, no you stupid fuck, the Hugo article is fine.

Ramaksoud2000 can't handle it, argues with people (poorly, he was wrong about everything) and starts steaming because he's going to lose this one.

Ramaksoud2000, being a dumb fucking loser, also starts requesting "sock account investigations" but he's wrong about that, too. He is wrong about that because he is absolutely the dumbest and most worthless piece of shit on the Internet.

At the very end, another piece of human garbage, the user named "CZAR" claims ... I don't even know. "Canvassing" I guess he calls it. He does this 30 minutes before the decision is made by the "closer," because "CZAR" doesn't want there to actually be discussion because he's full of shit.

The "closer," whose account name is Jo-Jo Eumerus, is another fucking waste of space that sees a discussion with 6 people saying "keep it" and decides to delete/redirect.

So, IMO this is typical bureaucracy from Wikipedia. The people that spend all day on Wikipedia, like Ramaksoud2000, CZAR and the closer just tried to get over on the regular people with lives that actually know what they are talking about.

That is my take.

What is YOUR take. For the one time in the history of this BBS you don't need to limit or censor yourself. You know a lot about Wikipedia, I am interested in your opinion.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I really hope he reads it.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I really hope he reads it.
I had no idea you had any additional comments and it sounds like you are just as much an asshole as the guy who unreasonably deleted the article by ignoring consensus.

After 2, 3, 4 days and I don't say something and you know that I've been on here every day, it's obvious either I have no opinion, not even enough to say I don't have an opinion, or I didn't see it.

Considering what you know about me over the EIGHT YEARS I've been posting here, you should be able to guess which was the reason.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Next, i would find out what, if any, appeal process is available and if there is one, and use it. Get rid of your anger and argue in calm, rational terms that the process by the administrator who did it was arbitrary, capricious, and maliciously disregarded the consensus of the people who responded who agreed it should stay.

Wikipedia is a private organization and its administrators can pretty much do whatever they want.

But what you can argue is that this action was in direct violation of one of Wikipedia's core principles: Presume Good Faith. The actions as you have described clearly indicate otherwise since
* a single comment made 30 minuted before deletion being used to ignore everyone else (Wikipedia is not eBay; one user "sniping," a bid just before the deadline to delete at the last minute and over everyone else's dead body should not be acceptable practice.)
* one admin presuming the use of sock puppets without evidence (especially over a minor and - in terms of the relation of the subject to many other issues - relatively low importance subject),
clearly indicates bias, inadequate understanding of how Wikipedia operates, and lack of good faith.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I really hope he reads it.
I had no idea you had any additional comments and it sounds like you are just as much an asshole as the guy who unreasonably deleted the article by ignoring consensus.
Cool, I'm sure that everything you write in this post will be chock-full of interesting information and you won't come off as big an autistic zero as the spergs in that deletion discussion.
Ice Cream Jonsey, five minutes from now wrote:Billy was right, we couldn't do it.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Cool, I'm sure that everything you write in this post will be chock-full of interesting information and you won't come off as big an autistic zero as the spergs in that deletion discussion.
I am trying to remember the line by Buzz to Woody in one of the Toy Story films where he says something like, "You are not a nice person. May God have mercy on your soul." (It's not exactly that but it has the same effect.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Cool, I'm sure that everything you write in this post will be chock-full of interesting information and you won't come off as big an autistic zero as the spergs in that deletion discussion.
I am trying to remember the line by Buzz to Woody in one of the Toy Story films where he says something like, "You are not a nice person. May God have mercy on your soul." (It's not exactly that but it has the same effect.)
Right. I've let you shitpost here for 7 years and I am not a nice person.

Why don't you admit the fact that I am the only person who lets you stick around and be fucking appreciative of it for once in your life?

Unbelievable. He comes in here and destroys the place and I still let him post and he says I am not "nice." Well, I sure am fucking nice to you, dickcheese.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
Right. I've let you shitpost here for 7 years and I am not a nice person.
Exactly. You asked for my help and assistance. I first pointed out that when I didn't respond after 4 days it might have been a good idea to say something instead of waiting a month to do so.

Next, I posted some suggestions on what to do.

You then proceeded to insult me for making the suggestions by dismissing them as worthless or unimportant or that they wouldn't mean anything. Or dismissing me as worthless or unimportant.

I felt that dismissing my suggestions as worthless or dismissing me as worthless after you just asked me for my suggestions was not nice.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Will the bot only overwrite the posts he had written at the time the bot started, or does it re-query the database for new posts periodically?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Waitasec, I banned your account, you shouldn't have been able to reply.

Hold up... one sec.... OK, I guess it's a base by base thing. Frigging phpBB2.

OK. NOW you should be banned. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I don't actually have negative feelings toward you. I wish there was some way we could reach a compromise, but you can't reply to this, so I guess it will never be.

RetroRomper

Re: TDARCOS! READ THIS THREAD FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Post by RetroRomper »

"Since 2013, this user -- a self-professed Christian INTP furry living somewhere in North Carolina -- has simply written articles that are written in English, riddled with misspellings that mimic a spoken Scottish accent. Many of the articles were written while they were a teenager. AmaryllisGardener is an admin of the Scots Wikipedia, and Wikipedians now have no idea what to do, because their influence over the country's pages has been so vast that their only options seem to be to delete the Scots language version entirely or revert the entire thing back to 2012. This ridiculous situation was discovered by a redditor on r/Scotland who happened to check the edit history of one article. By the redditor u/Ultach's count, Amaryllis was responsible for well over one-third of Scots Wikipedia in 2018, but Amaryllis stopped updating their milestones that year."
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

"The Scots Wikipaedia is the Scots leid version o Wikipaedia, an is run bi the Wikimedie Foondation. It wis established on 23 Juin 2005, an first reached 1,000 airticles in Februar 2006, an 5,000 airticles in November 2010. As o August 2020, it haes aboot 57,926 airticles.[1] The Scots Wikipedie is ane o five Wikipaedias written in an Anglic leid, the ithers bein the Inglis Wikipaedia, the Simple Inglis Wikipedie, the Pitkern-Norfuk Wikipaedia an the Auld Inglis Wikipaedia, altho the last is lairgely unintelligible tae native Inglis or Scots speakers."

HAHAHAHAHA

https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_Wikipaedia
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Ice Cream Jonsey

I love it when the veil drops from that shithole. They scurry like cockroaches when a light is shone upon them.

Same shit happens on the real instance of their site a hundred times a day.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

As someone who is part Scottish from NC; I hate this.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻