[PIE] Hmmm...

This is a discussion / support forum for the Hugo programming language by Kent Tessman. Hugo is a powerful programming language for making text games / interactive fiction with multimedia support.

Hugo download links: https://www.generalcoffee.com/hugo
Roody Yogurt's Hugo Blog: https://notdeadhugo.blogspot.com
The Hugor interpreter by RealNC: http://ifwiki.org/index.php/Hugor

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Lex

[PIE] Hmmm...

Post by Lex »

I am starting my first off-my-own-back Hugo project.
It will be done in the style of Jeff K's wonderful columns. It is your job to be l33t and h4xx0r at people and the networks at your school.

I'm thinking of starting it in the morning, him getting up and bitching, blah blah blah, going to school, we can then have some menu-driven conversations with girls in which he is totaly loud and obnoxious (but in a Jeff K way, not an Avandré way).

I think it could rock.

Actually, what would rock more would be to get him to patronize it so I could actually put his name to it.
I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, that'd rock, cos then we could have tons of interesting replies to the most simple objects along the lines of What Jerry Did Once.
I will give that man a call.
WHOOA!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Let us know if you get a response from him (Lowtax). He has to deal with dozens, if not hundreds of, jackasses every day, so it's probably a crap shoot as to whether or not you'll get a reply. Though, since you're not a moron, maybe your odds will be better.

In related news, I bought a SA hat for use in softball this season. (They are the black ones with the grenade logo on front, rather nice for a hat bought off the internet.) I wish I could afford to get 10 of them for the entire team, but they were like $23.50 a pop when I bought mine. That's insanely high for a baseball hat, but I look at it as part donation, part merchandise, so no biggie.

(While writing this, I just got a call from my brother, who is the best player on said softball team and the manager. I am batting seventh in the first game. I guess that's an improvement as I was hitting dead LAST in the lineup last yer. He said he'd move me up if I got two hits. I said, "it'd be easier to get two hits if I were moved up and had more opportunity for at-bats" but it was apparently not the most convincing argument in the world. Ah, well. Here's hoping for two hits.)

At any rate, Lex, if you don't get a reply back, do write your game but with your own made-up characters. It's an enormous amount of work to make a text adventure and you may feel an extra amount of pride when it's all done with and released when the game contains 100% of your own content. (Though I hear you regarding the fact that if you announce an official JeffK game you will get an enormous amount of downloads through association.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Lex

Post by Lex »

The hell? He's getting married? Since when did our Lowtax grow up?
WHOOA!