Retro, you shouldn't post people's private emails without their permission.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Retro, you shouldn't post people's private emails without their permission.

Post by pinback »

I would have PMed this to you, but you blocked me from doing so. Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RetroRomper

Re: Retro, you shouldn't post people's private emails without their permission.

Post by RetroRomper »

You need serious help and I wish I could give it or lead you to it, but I can't and you're taking your personal spaces and friends down into your spiral of self destruction. You know I've been there, done that, bought the doublet and have the scars, so it pains and worries me to see you do this as well as it never leads to anything, but a reinforcement of the behavior and this foreboding sense that "I'm alone and it was because of what I did."

Please take care, Ben. Many around you do care and will do anything and everything for you to emerge from this intact.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

What in the holy fuck are you talking about?

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

What the hell is going on here?

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

pinback wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:12 am What in the holy fuck are you talking about?

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

You guys I bought vodka one weekend. You can tell from that private conversation Retro posted without my permission up there.

At this point all I'm worrying about emerging from intact is you mailing a bomb to my house, you raging lunatic.

Oh, and don't post people's private emails and conversations without their permission, asshole.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Casual Observer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:16 am What the hell is going on here?
Ben has fallen completely back into alcoholism and when I tried to reach out to ICJ to get Ben some help, Ben started thereafter to "call me out," purposely emotionally attacking and harming me even after I noted the behavior to him and asked him to stop, then Robb took Ben's side at the end with few words otherwise (and if Pinback's ongoing behavior is to analyzed, he wasn't stopped nor been asked to by the Sysop,) much less about informing me about how Ben is doing.
Last edited by RetroRomper on Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

RetroRomper wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:20 am
Casual Observer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:16 am What the hell is going on here?
Ben as fallen completely back into alcoholism and when I tried to reach out to ICJ to get Ben some help, Ben started thereafter to "call me out," purposely emotionally attack and harm me even after I noted the behavior to him and asked him to stop, then Robb took Ben's side at the end.
Take two:
An emotionally disturbed maniac has constructed a fantasy where he is righteous and good, and for some reason the people around him continually seem to attack him for his behavior which is definitely not bizarre or obnoxious in any way.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I'm done. Logging out.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

The other possibility is that he's making shit up trying to get me fired, because I was mean to him on the internet. In an extraordinarily generous gesture, I'm going to assume that isn't it.

For now.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:18 am You guys I bought vodka one weekend. You can tell from that private conversation Retro posted without my permission up there.
Just one thing, if that's a private conversation, how the hell did he get access to it? When Flack sends me his address in a PM, the only other person who can see it is Jonsey and maybe AArdvark who, since he has co-moderator privileges here I presume has power to take over in an emergency.

So, presuming, of course, that you did not give this to him, either it's not a private conversation (the way this is not), you held it where Retro is a sysop, or the other guy leaked it to him, Q.E.D.
pinback wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:18 am At this point all I'm worrying about emerging from intact is you mailing a bomb to my house, you raging lunatic.
How does he have your address? Now, of course, since he gave it to me, I know Flack's address, but, in my case, the only bomb he has to worry about me mailing him are bombed-out hard drives.
pinback wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:18 am Oh, and don't post people's private emails and conversations without their permission, asshole.
Valid point, but, again, if they are private, how is he getting them?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

They were private conversations between him and us, Paul. He had them because they were his.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

RetroRomper wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:09 am You need serious help
HaHahAHaHahAHaHahA!!!

I will leave you all to your own conclusions with this one.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

On the scale of bipolars I know, he's not currently "falling down the stairs naked in front of his family, his daughter, and her friends". So we got that going for us.

It's not an easy disease to treat.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:37 am They were private conversations between him and us, Paul. He had them because they were his.
Well, that brings up another question. You guys have history with him, and knew he's unstable from his time as DraalRanger, why would you trust him with things? Maybe I'm more cynical, but if I knew someone was unstable I'm not going to trust them with anything confidential or personal.

Now if you did not know he was unstable, that's a different matter. But if you gave him these e-mails probably any time in 2020 I have to think that maybe you need to contemplate why you would trust someone who is compromised. You yourself admitted that you pulled all kinds of stunts to hide your drinking, maybe to some extent trying to hide it from yourself. In such a case, if you hid it well, other people might not know or notice. But if someone figured it out, they should not trust you as when one is an addict they might do things they'll regret later.

This is not intended to criticize you; I know the tendency toward addiction exists in my own family and I've caught myself leaning toward addictive behaviors. I am very appreciative that I find alcoholic beverages intolerable. It prevents me from having any interest in alcohol. I do know I have compulsive programming syndrome, most good programmers have it, and in our case, it tends to be a good "problem" to have as it will make us laser focused on our work, unfortunately sometimes to the exclusion of everything else. I discovered I had it when I read about it in The Psychology of Computer Programming by Gerald Weinberg, which I read around 1982 because it was an assigned book for one of my college courses, and I recommend it highly.

Thus if you know someone is mentally unstable or psychologically unstable (as in the case of an addict) you might not want to trust them over sensitive things until you know they have come out of and/or been treated for it.

So perhaps that's something you should consider in the future.
Last edited by Tdarcos on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:46 am
pinback wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:37 am They were private conversations between him and us, Paul. He had them because they were his.
Well, that brings up another question. You guys have history with him, and knew he's unstable from his time as DraalRanger, why would you trust him with things? Maybe I'm more cynical, but if I knew someone was unstable I'm not going to trust them with anything confidential or personal.
Nobody shared anything confidential or personal, that's why his posts weren't immediately deleted.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

The kind thing to do was to give Retro a bit of a break.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:46 am all kinds of stunts to hide your drinking, maybe to some extent trying to hide it from yourself. In such a case, if you hid it well, other people might not know or notice.
I'm the most outside person in this group and even I knew about his drinking, he brings it up more often than you do cobol and even created a thread to talk about beers he enjoys.

When is the last time you even read a post by someone here? I think you just see a block of words and immediately inject whatever you feel like talking about at that time. It's the only explanation.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well, I feel like if he didn't have "me hiding drinking" to continually reference, we'd lose about 90% of his participation on this BBS.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:46 amI know the tendency toward addiction exists in my own family and I've caught myself leaning toward addictive behaviors. I am very appreciative that I find alcoholic beverages intolerable. It prevents me from having any interest in alcohol. I do know I have compulsive programming syndrome . . . .
Um, how about your food addiction???? The reason you lost your fucking leg?

Addicts never want to admit to their own addiction, yours truly included.