Best frozen pizza recommendations?

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Best frozen pizza recommendations?

Post by Casual Observer »

I haven't had one in years but it looks like that's what the wife wants tonight. Anyone have a recommendation about the best frozen pizza in 2021?

pinback

Re: Best frozen pizza recommendations?

Post by pinback »

If you can find it, Gino's East frozen Chicago pies are the closest I've ever found to restaurant-quality:

If you can't find it, Screaming Sicilian is good. Home Run Inn is good. Outsiders is good:

These are the quality frozen pies for you and your family.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Don't know if it's the same as it was, but the Celeste Deluxe was reasonable, in terms of taste. I used to buy it to go on all-night programming sessions.

Back in the late 1970s-1980s, University of California Irvine had Terak PDP-11 Minicomputer terminals; they were the equivalent of a single-user computer. Now, I was not a student there, I would take the bus from Long Beach to Irvine, about 20 miles, and bring a backpack or briefcase containing 8" floppy disks, and a Celeste Deluxe large frozen pizza. I'd arrange to get there late, after 6 or later, on Friday night after the administrative staff had gone home, or any time on Saturday. As the computer center was open 24/7, this would allow me to be there all night Friday into Saturday Morning, or all day Saturday until Sunday.

Some time ago I posted here how I used to do it when I had a car and could go back to the car for a nap.

When I got hungry, I'd nuke the now thawed pizza. As long as I was gone before Monday, nobody knew or cared I wasn't a student there.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:49 pm Don't know if it's the same as it was, but the Celeste Deluxe was reasonable, in terms of taste. I used to buy it to go on all-night programming sessions.
This is a man who thinks Jerry's Subs and Pizza has the best pizza in the world. So, you know, unless he finds a way to work a PDP-11 minicomputer terminal into this discussion of frozen pizza, I think you can ignore his---
Back in the late 1970s-1980s, University of California Irvine had Terak PDP-11 Minicomputer terminals
God dammit.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Heheheheeee!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You can't spell dependable pizza without PDP.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

The PDP-11 was an affordable minicomputer (by the standards then.) A 4-user PDP-11/03 (3 video terminals, one printer terminal), with 2-8" 256K floppy disk drives and 56K of memory, was about $20,000 (in 1974 dollars). Teraks were probably about 4 grand.

I think a Large Deluxe Celeste pizza was maybe $2-3 then.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:14 am The PDP-11 was an affordable minicomputer (by the standards then.) A 4-user PDP-11/03 (3 video terminals, one printer terminal), with 2-8" 256K floppy disk drives and 56K of memory, was about $20,000 (in 1974 dollars).
That's 10,000 Large Deluxe Celeste pizzas!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I'd rather eat corned beef than frozen pizza.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Oh hell yeah! I don't care what mini computer is available, gettin' down on that corned beef!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Can I get some acknowledgement from CO that he saw my recommendations? I feel like I'm doing all the heavy lifting here.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

pinback wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:26 am Can I get some acknowledgement from CO that he saw my recommendations? I feel like I'm doing all the heavy lifting here.
Sorry, got drunk last night and forgot to thank you. Great recommendations! This is why I love this place, real honest recommendations. I looked up "best frozen pizza" on the google and it came up with I think Tombstone being the best, followed by Dijorno (sp?). I've never heard of most of your recommendations so they must be the product of trial and error so must be good.

We went with Pizza Hut thin and crispy for a lot more money but definitely going with one of these next time if I can find one of them.