Reviews From Trotting Krips -- The Official Unofficial Relaunch

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Reviews From Trotting Krips -- The Official Unofficial Relaunch

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

What?? Fresh Krips? Can it be?

http://trottingkrips.caltrops.com/2021/ ... soft-1985/

Thanks, Flack!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

My review this month is of Aayela by Magnus Olsson. Two Krips in one month? It's almost unprecedented!

http://trottingkrips.caltrops.com/2021/ ... sson-1996/

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

I got my September review posted in the nick of time. I should probably quit deciding to change the game I'm going to review at the very end of the month. (I probably won't.)

http://trottingkrips.caltrops.com/2021/ ... anie-2021/

Incredibly, IF Comp 2021 is starting tomorrow! I say something like this every year, but I'm really planning on starting to play the games early this year and cover more games than ever before. This is the year, I can feel it. Robb, you better start the comp thread bright and early tomorrow because I'm going to have a lot to say this time around. Turn me loose, Robb!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Thanks once again for keeping the dream alive. I have not given up on an October Surprise.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I want to take part in this.. reviewing game descriptions..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

pinback

Post by pinback »

That was extremely enjoyable to read, and your final rating was lower than I was expecting given the review that preceded it.
In the yard, not too far from the car.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Thanks, Ben! I know there's been some rating deflation going on with my reviews. Maybe some inflation as well if you're saying I rated An Amical Bet too high, but you know I'm a sucker for witty banter...plus, it used the word fastuous! I definitely don't give out as many 10s or 9s as I used to, and part of me seems to want to give every game a 7 for some reason. Maybe I should just embrace it and go with a 7.0-7.99 rating scale from this point forward. In my mind a 7 IS a good game, comfortably above the average, so I hope people don't think that's a bad rating. There was a paragraph I cut out of the last review that criticized the graphics (which were mostly not created by the author) and one of the NPC interactions which I perhaps should have kept. I just didn't like how the paragraph flowed or how I was coming across in it so I sacrificed content for style and ego. Maybe I need to start publishing director's cuts of reviews.

I do want to do a better job of covering games across the whole rating spectrum. That'll be one of my Trotting Krips resolutions for 2022 along with Finish Building the Site for the third straight year.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tweeted out!

I got things in negotiations for getting a previous game on STEAM and I am hard at work for finishing up all the weapons and armor for Cyberganked. I thougth my The Pawn review was a year ago, but it was two years ago. Not acceptable. Targeting mid-month to have a post up. I again apologize, because Flack and Bryan B. are killing it.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Which old game is coming to Steam, Robb? This is big news! And you're doing it just in time for Commercial Text Adventures Month which had to have been totally planned. I plan to provide two updates to the CTAM thread in December since I bought a game for the festivities last year that I completely forgot to talk about. Exciting times lie ahead!